Pages

Monday 28 December 2020

SLJ Week 2 Activity 16

 LI: To create a presentation showcasing a phrase 


For this task we had to create a phrase by choosing to create one on the perspective of a character in the story "Maui and the Sun" We were able to use the phrase in a song, poem, ect. The presentation shown above showcases haiku that tell the story of how Maui slowed the sun. I decided to create a series of Haikus that tell the story of Maui and the sun I have written it in both English and Maori. I decided to create a series of haikus to to tell the story becuase it was one of the tasks for the week 1 challenges for the Summer Learning Journey.

This was really fun to do becuase I really enjoyed writing theese poems becuase this was a different kind of theme I liked it also becuase it told a story. One thing I found tricky was trying to use the haiku strucer to tell the story as I could not include some other important details that were told in the original story.

3 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Juel, Kiana-Marino here from the Summer Learning Journey.

    Katahi te kai tito purakau ko koe tērā, ngā mihi ki a koe Juel mo te tohaina mai i o mahi e hangai ana ki a Maui me te rā. Ko te tino uaratanga moku ko tō whakamahi i te reo rotarota ki te whakahua mai i te purakau ,ā, i roto i te reo māori me te reo pakeha hoki.
    Ahakoa kare koe i tino ū ki te tikanga o te reo rotarota mai i tērā wiki te 5,7,5 he hohonu tōnu te reo. Hei awhina, tērā pea me whakaaro koe mō te whakarakei i tō whakaaturanga?

    What a story teller you are. Thank you for sharing your slides about Maui me te rā with us on your blog. I really liked how you used a series of haiku’s to tell the story as well as using both Māori and english. Although you found it tricky to stick to the 5,7,5 syllables the depth of the story is still there. Maybe next time you consider how you might enhance your slides by using images or features, what do you reckon?

    Keep up the good mahi. I look forward to seeing more posts on your blog in the future.

    Ngā mihi,
    Kiana-Marino

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Juel

    Haiku is not a from of poetry that I personally favour. I agree with you that the structure can make it challenging.

    You have told a great story here. You have managed it within the boundaries of Haiku. Quite a talent.

    Could you have voiced over it?

    I look forward to following more of your postings.


    regards

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Juel,

    Charlotte here from the SLJ team.

    What an awesome post you have made! I am so impressed that you wrote it in both te reo and english! I am still working on learning more te reo but it has been a slow process for me. You are awesome!

    Have you seen the latest activities for this year’s Summer Learning Journey site? There are some really fun activities.

    Can’t wait to see what you create!

    Ngā mihi,

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete