Pages

Monday 14 December 2020

SLJ Week 1 Activity 1

 LI: To collect materials needed to successfully complete our weekly superpower building missions with Nano Girl.




This morning LS2 worked in groups with our Year 4 students to help them create their first Summer Learning Journey blog posts. PBS are still at school this week so finding some of the materials we needed for our treasure hunt was easy. Our challenge is going to be able to find all the materials we need at home now. All of the materials that we needed to find we got from the video from Nano girl and the slide presentation above showcases a video of me and my partner explains why we needed to find the materials and photos of the equipment. I found this activity really enjoyable and fun becuase we got to find the equipment and we also had to be smart and try to find better alternatives. I look forward to creating something with the gathered materials. Have you been through any of nano girls activities and what have you made? 

6 comments:

  1. Kia ora Juel,

    Charlotte here from the Summer Learning Journey team.

    I really enjoyed looking at the GoodleSlide you created with Aliyan. This shows such great collaboration - ka pai!

    I’m not able to view your video unfortunately. Could you please share this file as “Anyone on the internet with this link can view” so everyone can see it on your blog. Thank you!

    I’m really excited to see the future Nanogirl activities that you do. I am sure they will be fun!

    Keep up the fantastic work!

    Ngā mihi,

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Talofa lava Charlotte,

      Thank you very much for commenting on my blog. I have put the video on the post and I think that you are able to watch the video. What is one activity that you enjoyed reading about since the summer learning journey?

      Delete
  2. Talofa lava Juel,

    Thank you for editing the video - I have just watched it. Ka pai! That was awesome. I love the way you both clearly explained what you did. I thought it was was very clever that you used a shoelace instead of a string.

    I have really enjoyed reading the Fishy False Teeth: Kick Start challenge that was posted today. It is really funny! You are welcome to comment on other bloggers SLJ posts too! You can win points by doing this. Remember to submit a link to your published comment if you leave one using this form. .

    Then feel free to let me know which is your favourite activity to read!

    Ngā mihi,

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Talofa lava Charlotte,

      Thank you taking your time to reply also thank you for the compliments I'm very grate full. Im sorry but I don't quite understand your question could you tell me in a simpler way if that is possible.

      Thank you very much!

      Delete
  3. Kia Ora Juel!

    Its great to see teamwork with you and Aliyan! I have just watched your guys video, it is really great! You both spoke with confidence. I have also done this activity, my partner and I improvised with some items due to the fact that we didn't have the required ones.

    What do you think can be made with those items?

    Keep up the great learning!
    Fau

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Fau

      Thank you very much for commenting on my blog post. I think that you and you partner are smart for improvising for some of the equipment you guys did not have. I think that a catapult can be made from it as Nano girl said in the scavenger hunt video. What items did you guys improvise for?

      Looking forward to your reply!

      Delete