Pages

Thursday 24 December 2020

SLJ Activity 14 Week 2 | Kick start and Step it up

Kick Start

 LI: To learn about pigpen cipher

For this activity I watched a video about what to do and also learnt about different codes and ciphers the one I watched about was about the pigpen code after that I had to use what I learnt from the video that i watched and based off of the information that I learnt to write a sentence using the pigpen code to write clues about our favorite beach I wrote my clue about my favorite beach in pigpen on a draw.

One interesting thing that I learnt while completing the activity was how the pig pen code works it uses a total of 4 different grids and in each grid has the letters of the alphabet and uses the line that are surrounded by the letter.  I really enjoyed doing the kick start activity becuase I also learnt about different codes and ciphers and how to Encrypt and Decrypt using them. One thing that I found a little bit tricky was decrypting becuase I got some of the letters mistaken for other characters.

Step It Up

LI:  To create a screencastify video explaining how to Encrypt and Decrypt ciphers.



For the Step It Up challenge the task was to create a screencastify video explaining how to Encrypt and Decrypt using one of the cipher of our choice I chose to make a video about the Caesar Cipher here I have also created a DLO about how the Caesar Cipher works and also how to encrypt and decrypt and I have also created my own messages in the Caesar Cipher for others to try and figure out and to comment there answers.

I really enjoyed completing the Step It Up activity becuase I enjoyed trying out something new and really enjoyed learning about codes and ciphers. During this activity I learnt about how to Encrypt and Decrypt and found It fun to do so.





3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Juel, this is Elle from the Summer Learning Journey team.

    Wow, you have done an incredible job with this activity! I really like that you have included such a detailed screencast about the Caesar Cipher to teach others how it works! I have decrypted your message, and I really like the phrase that you chose! I won’t post it in the comments, as I don’t want to give the answer away to others who read your post, but well done!

    For the kick start portion of the activity, you have included that same cipher code as the task, was this intentional? Or do you have a different favourite beach? It would be great to see you upload your encrypted code of your own favourite beach so I can give you points for this part of the activity!

    Because you have done such an outstanding job on the Step it Up part of the activity, I am going to award you bonus points for it! I’ll check back later to see how you’re getting on with the pigpen code!

    Ngā mihi,
    Elle (SLJ)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Elle,

    Thank you very much for commenting on my blog post and for taking the time to read it. Yes I did use the same beach and clue becuase I also favorite Piha beach as I like going to that beach. Thank you very much for the positive feedback.

    What is your favorite beach to go to?

    Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Juel,

      You are most welcome - you did a fantastic job. It’s cool to hear that you like Piha Beach so much! Do you go often? I went on a school trip there once, and we climbed up Lion Rock. We couldn’t make it all the way to the top, but the view from where we got up to was incredible!

      My favourite beach is called Tolaga Bay, where I go camping with my family. It has a long wharf that goes out into the water, and it has a ladder so you can jump off and climb back up again! I have lots of fond memories there.

      Ka pai again for the awesome work and I hope you had a great Christmas!

      Ngā mihi,
      Elle (SLJ)

      Delete