Pages

Saturday 19 December 2020

SLJ Week 1 Acticity 8 | Kick Start and Step it up

 LI: To create our own chorus of our choice



Today's challenge was to create our own chorus I watched a video explaining what to do fro this activity and I also watched Mangere college "We Will Rise" song  and listened to there chorus to get some ideas to create or own. Mangere college's chorus for there song goes like this: And we will rise (strong minds, strong hearts) And we will rise (we all play a part) And we will rise, we’ll never stop, Climb that mountain ‘til we  reach the top Seek the heights, seek the heights Seek the heights, seek the heights.

My chorus verse is about our school Panmure Bridge School. And about how we can achieve our goals/dreams by working as a team and having a strong goal to try and achieve it. I found this activity fun to do becuase writing a chorus was something new that I had not tried before and was fun through out the challenge.



The step it up challenge was to create a screencastify video of us reading/singing our chorus that we made. The video above is a recording of me reading out the chorus that I made.


3 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Juel,

    It’s Charlotte here, a commenter for the Manaiakalani Summer Learning Journey. I thought the work you have done on the ‘Rise Up’ task was great!

    I think it is awesome how you created your song about your school! I thought that the Mangare School song ‘Rise Up’ was very inspiring and beautiful, what did you think about the song?

    If you want to get even more points for the Summer Learning Journey, you can give the ‘Step it up’ challenge for this activity a go! You can find this using this link. This requires you to create a screen castify of you speaking/singing the chorus you created.

    Ngā mihi nui
    Charlotte
    Summer Learning Journey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Charlotte,

    Thank you very much for commenting on my blog post I am very thank full for it and thank you also for the compliment on my work most apreciated.

    I really liked the Mangere School song a lot becuase I liked that lyrics that they had come up with I thought it was very creative and I found it fun to listen to.

    What did you think about the song "Rise Up" made by Mangere school?

    I think that I will try and to the Step it up challenge I will update the post with an embeded video of me reading my lyrics.

    Thank you very much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Juel,

      I really enjoyed the song as well! What is your overall favourite song? I quite like any kind of pop music!

      I thought the song Rise Up by Mangere School was so awesome!

      Ngā mihi nui
      Charlotte
      Summer Learning Journey

      Delete