Pages

Wednesday 16 December 2020

SLJ Week 1 Activty 5

LI: To create a kowhaiwhai pattern to represent summer



Today I learnt that when it is very hot and the air is shimmering Tānerore performs the haka for his mother, Hine-Raumati. This happens in summer as the land heats up. Our challenge was to think about this while we designed our own kowhaiwhai pattern to represent summer. My pattern shows a flower in the middle that is shaped with a series of korus. I also used the korus to surround the left and right sides I also made the both sided symmetrical. I found this activity fun becuase I really liked making the kowhaiwhai pattern

3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Juel,

    My name is Fiona and I'm from the Summer Learning Journey.

    Wow - what an outstanding kowhaiwhai pattern you have made - ka pai! I really like the flower pattern you have made in the centre and the beautiful repeating koru that flow in symmetry.

    For this blog I am awarding you bonus points - you have put in a lot of effort to create your pattern and explain in detail on your post what your panel represents - ka pai!

    Keep up all the great mahi - looking forward to your next post (-:

    Fiona (SLJ).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Fiona,

    Thank you very much for complimenting my kowhaiwhai pattern and telling me what you liked most and thank you again for awarding me bonus points I am most grateful.

    What has been your favorite activity to read about on students blogs so far?

    Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Juel,

    What a good question you have asked me... I think out of all the week one SLJ activities my top favourites (I can't pick just one!) are the kowhaiwhai pattern art and the insects students have created out of natural materials.

    It is so exciting when new activities are released, and then seeing all the wonderful work SLJ students are completing.

    Blog you again soon!

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete