Pages

Thursday 4 June 2020

City scape of Paris

LI: To write a description about your cites using prepositions.


My landscape is of Paris. The main building in the skyline is the Eiffel Tower. To the left of my skyline stands Sacré-Cœur and on the end of my skyline is a building called Arc de Triomphe. It was built to commemorate Napoleon's victories. As strange as it may seem you can actually live in the Eiffel Tower, as there is an apartment at the top level of the tower! 

Did you know that Paris is known as the city of lights because Paris was one of the first large European cities to use gas as lighting on a large scale. When creating my background I blended in cool colors using our chalk pastels. I used the colors green, blue, and purple adding a shade of black to darken the tone.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Juel reading your post about Paris has given me more facts about Paris and i didn't know you can live in the Eiffel tower . I really enjoyed reading your post because i learnt more information about Paris and how known Paris is about there lights and ive seen you've used a lot of prepositions and putting them into sentences. How long did it take you to find the most interesting information ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Juel!
    Your artwork looks amazing! The way you blended your colors was so stunning. I have really enjoyed reading your description about your artwork on Paris. You have had a good use of prepositions in your description. I can see you have a good understanding on prepositions. Do you know how tall the Eifel Tower is?

    Keep up the great work!
    Fau

    ReplyDelete